VISA PREPAID 2012 DOUBLE YOUR PAY SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASEOR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Visa Prepaid 2012 Double Your Pay Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of July 23, 2012. Commercial card eligibility is subject to employer policies regarding Sweepstakes participation. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of International Olympic Committee (“IOC”), U.S. Olympic Committee (“USOC”), the Organizing Committee for the London 2012 Olympic Games, all members of participating national teams and their individual athletes, Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor”), Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, and their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, client financial institutions, participating Card issuers, retailers, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Tenthwave Digital LLC (“Tenthwave”) and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, and parents, children, and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 23, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 16, 2012 (“Promotional Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: 1) Via a New Eligible Recurring Automatic Load: Consumers will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes when they sign up and receive a new recurring automatic load of their paycheck (“Auto Load”) to their existing or new eligible Visa Prepaid card issued by a participating issuer (the “Card” or “Cards”) during the Promotional Period. All reloadable Visa Prepaid cards and Visa Payroll cards from a participating provider are eligible for entry in the sweepstakes. The following Visa Prepaid cards are excluded from entry in the sweepstakes: Visa Buxx, Visa Gift card, Visa Healthcare cards, Visa Incentive cards, and Visa TravelMoney. Eligible recurring Auto Loads are automatic loads that occur at least monthly with the funds originating from the same company or person. All qualifying transactions will be determined at the sole discretion of Visa U.S.A. Inc. . and its participating Card issuers. Auto Load posting date will determine Sweepstakes entry date. Certain restrictions may apply. To be eligible for automatic entry, your Card issuer must have agreed to participate in this Sweepstakes with Sponsor. If your Card issuer has not agreed to participate in this Sweepstakes, you may still enter the Sweepstakes via the 3”x5” mail-in method described below. For a list of participating Card issuers, visit www.visa.com/doubleyourpay, or to find out if your Card issuer is participating, call your Card issuer or the customer service number on the back of your Card. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the Card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Cards or Card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 16, 2012 in order to be eligible. 2) Via U.S. Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your full name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, and daytime telephone number (including area code) on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: Visa Prepaid 2012 Double Your Pay Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 832, Plainview, NY 11803-0832. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by September 17, 2012 and received by September 24, 2012 in order to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person and per account for the entire Promotion Period, regardless of the number of multiple Auto Loads to one Card. Entries received from any person or account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entrants may enter only by using one (1) of the entry methods described in these Official Rules. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed or inaccurate and entries submitted by any means which subvert the entry process or otherwise violate these Official Rules are void. Duplicate entries submitted by the same person are void. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS & WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about October 31, 2012 from among all eligible and automatic and mail-in entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail and/or telephone on or about November 23, 2012. Potential winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, within seven (7) days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame or with these Official Rules, the inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Limit one (1) prize per person. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize.
6. ODDS: The estimated odds of winning a prize are 1:3,840; however, the actual odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible automatic and mail-in entries received.
7. PRIZES: Fifty (50) Prizes: The amount equal to the value of a winner’s first Auto Load, up to $5,000 loaded onto their Card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): up to $5,000 each. In the event that a mail in winner is selected, prize will be awarded in the form of a check for $5,000. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Maximum total ARV of all prizes: $250,000. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. If any winner is at least 18 years of age but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting the prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or party designated by the Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or winner notification as applicable, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions or for winner notification (if applicable). Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, transactions or deposits; for transactions or deposits that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage the web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
11. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain the names of winners, available after November 30, 2012, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by November 30, 2012, to: Visa Prepaid 2012 Double Your Pay Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Tenthwave Digital, LLC , 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
© Copyright 2012 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.